Rockaby Roadshow is an hour of gentle, soothing music for infants, performed by three musicians.
Everything is designed especially for parents/ carers and their babies…seating is on beanbags, cushions or fluffy rugs; there is space to walk with your baby, dance, feed, lie down or sit, the choice is yours; multi-sensory lights and aromas help you and your baby to be totally relaxed.
The music will remind parents/carers of lullabies we may have forgotten, and introduce some new tunes and ideas for you to take home and try out at nap time.
The room is set up as a ‘Snoezelen’ area.
The room was set up with fairy lights, soft cushions and sensory projector lights to create a calming, and enjoyable experience for all. We use the multi sensory resources of the host Children’s Centres.
• ‘Very relaxing, warm and cosy. Calming and lots for the babies to feel and see’ Sally and Millie
• ‘Was very comfortable with plenty of spaces for babies’ Roisin and Aoife
• ‘It was very comfortable, very calming and relaxing. Lovely lighting in the room’ Gemma and William.
• ‘Lovely. Beautifully set up. Very relaxing’ Sally and Jack
• ‘He was listening at first but then was soon fast asleep!’ Emma and William
• ‘Middle of the session Marion fell asleep and awake for the end of the session. She loved the lighting.’ Sangeetha and Marion
• ‘She seemed to be very soothed by the music and the environment.’ Steph and Nicole
• ‘She enjoyed listening to the music and colours’ Kirsty and Amber
• ‘Enjoyed it - laughing and smiling!’ Michelle and Isabella
We asked parents if the session had inspired them to try any of these ideas at home:
• ‘Yes, I will be playing the game with the scarf.’ Maxine and Archer
• ‘Yes, to sing more lullabies’ Laura and Emma
• ‘We are going to get the chords so that daddy can learn the songs on his guitar’ Gemma and Kaynan
• ‘Yes, singing the songs and games’ Kirsty and Amber
• ‘Yes, don’t do enough of this with her’ Sally and Millie
We asked parents how they felt their child responded to the session:
• ‘Never seen him so quiet for so long - he loved it!’ Gemma and Kaynan
• ‘She was very relaxed’ Laura and Emma
• ‘Calming and staring at the lights’ Sangeetha and Marion
• ‘Archer really enjoyed listening to the violin’ Maxine and Archer
- Daylevel are a popular local duo, Brian Carrington and Sally Tonge. We present warm, friendly, bespoke programmes of traditional stories, anecdotes, riddles and songs to inspire and entertain audiences. We play 2 guitars and 2 voices in a gentle blend of harmony.Would you like to raise funds and have fun?
Would you like your group to:
- Access high quality entertainment in your own, local venue for people who wouldn’t necessarily attend ‘pub gigs’ or afford theatre ticket prices?
- Raise significant sums of cash for your local groups or chosen good causes?
- Patronise and support local artists?
- Have fun?
Your group could host a Daylevel concert of music and song and do all of the above and more!......
- If 60 people bought tickets @ £8 a head = £480. A raffle can also raise additional funds on top of this.
- Daylevel arrive an hour before; set up equipment and lights to perform an interactive show of 2 x 45 minute halves and charge £200
- Hosts bring offerings of refreshments for the interval and the host venue provides tea and coffee.
- Room hire is the only extra charge.
- Something in excess of potentially £200 = clear profit for your group’s funds – or to support a donation to a local good cause.
- 2 artists paid a fair and professional fee for a quality show.
- Everyone’s happy!
- If you would like to explore this idea further then call Sal Tonge on 01743 792993 or Brian Carrington on 01743 792363.
Three Men in a Bow Tie
- Sally has toured nationally with comedy musical trio Three Men in a Bow Tie for over 5 years now. Firm favourites on the village hall circuit, the act has also played to corporate groups, birthday parties, weddings and countless rural audiences the length and breadth of the UK.